1) Halloween was last Wednesday. Nothing happened here. Lame? Yes. J
Hope y’all had a great one. To celebrate, I bought a 2-liter bottle of guarana (and drank it all in one night. Bad idea).
2) For our mission conference, we sang “Consider the Lilies” in Portugues. Muito molho de legal.
3) I got letters this week from Opie, Elder Aaron W, Aunt Jody and Uncle Mark and, of course, Mom. J You’re all the best and I’ll write/send out responses as soon as I can.
4) We had an “orientation day” yesterday. It was 100% freeway speed Portugues. But by some miracle, I understood most of it. As always, I’m grateful for God’s goodness.
5) Also, one more time, I want to say just how great my CTM district was: each person--so unique, so special. I will remember these people, and they have a special place in my memory as my first district. It’s going to be hard saying goodbye tomorrow morning. I’ve learned so much from them. Things like what I want for life, understanding myself better, patience and many other Christ-like attributes.