Elder Bean's Mission Scripture

Elder Bean's Mission Scripture:

Alma 26: 35

35 Now have we not reason to rejoice? Yea, I say unto you, there never were men that had so great reason to rejoice as we, since the world began; yea, and my joy is carried away, even unto boasting in my God; for he has all power, all wisdom, and all understanding; he comprehendeth all things, and he is a merciful Being, even unto salvation, to those who will repent and believe on his name.

Monday, December 31, 2012

Dec 10, 2012 "Get in the Zone!"

Missionarios in Brazil
Ice Cream, drugs, blisters, inspiration and more!  Read on to get the full story!
(Ba Ha.  Like my hook?  Who can resist such an intriguing and exciting first line? Ha Ha - not you!) J

So, Fam and Pals,
How are you doing?  I sure hope well.  I pray for you all sempre (always).  Life here is grand, I’m in good hands.  I had my first zone conference this week, and I got to see and hear more of President Martins.  He’s a very intelligent man, very cool.  His desires for the mission and us, personally, as missionaries, are very good and grand.  It was made obvious to me that he is very much led by the Spirit, and I knew he receives inspiration for us.  It was good for me to gain a testimony of my priesthood leader.  At this conference, along with a lot of notes, I also got a few letters:  thanks a million to Elder Andrew W--, Elder Ryan T--, cousin Will and my wonderful Grandma K. 

After the great zone conference Elder Petersen and I sent on a split with Elder Wheatley (our district leader) and his companion Elder Chavarria (who was a member of my district in the CTM!).  I went with Elder Wheatley to his area, spent the night, and worked all day there, with new people.  It was great, and so interesting to see how another missionary works. I learned a nice bit about the importance of talking to everybody you see.  Elder Wheatley also had some good tips about learning Portugues, and such things like that.  I admit, I was excited to return to minha casa, meu companheiro, my own people. J  One thing I learned this week from Elder Petersen was, if an appointment falls through, or someone isn’t home, it’s important not to just “move on.”  Because God knew what your plans were.  And He knew that that person wouldn’t be available.  So, it’s our job to have faith, and look for the person on that street, or in that neighborhood who is ready for the gospel.  E  legal.  And it works too.  Angels prepare the way.  We just need to put in a little effort, a little faith.  So good. 

OH!  Elder Petersen’s mom gave him new shoes, and his new shoes gave him BLISTERS! Then his blisters gave him more blisters.  So now we walk really slowly.  My poor companion.  I haven’t gotten a blister yet, just calluses.  Big, beautiful calluses.  J  But, what I have gotten is burned!  Nossa!  I’m so burned.  I finally used sunscreen this week.  So greasy already, then add greasy sunscreen, it’s just a grease fest.  Nasty-sauce. 

Speaking of ice cream, Elder Petersen and I each bought a tub of Acai ice cream and a carton of condensed milk. After pouring the gooey leich condensaos in the ice cream, we devoured the whole tub in 30 minutes.  Yeah, life is good.  Oh my!  More to say but no time!  Umm...
1) I heard the entire movie of “August Rush” this week.  The people who live above us watched it.   It made me happy to overhear the music from that movie. Also when we’re walking down the street, I have little jam fests to Coldplay, or swing songs I used to dance to, or many other examples. 
2) After two months, a woman we’re working with finally said the prayer in our lesson! J 
3) We’re currently teaching a man who is addicted to drugs, and we’re trying to help him quit.  We go to his house almost every day.  It’s really cool.
4) On December 7, I thought about all my Timpview peoples who went to Pearl Harbor.  Spread my love, remember the fallen, never forget.
 
Well, it’s been another episode of beaninbrazil.  Hope you can join us next time!  Drive (home) safe folks.  Write me maybe. 
Love,
Elder David Bean

No comments:

Post a Comment