Elder Bean's Mission Scripture

Elder Bean's Mission Scripture:

Alma 26: 35

35 Now have we not reason to rejoice? Yea, I say unto you, there never were men that had so great reason to rejoice as we, since the world began; yea, and my joy is carried away, even unto boasting in my God; for he has all power, all wisdom, and all understanding; he comprehendeth all things, and he is a merciful Being, even unto salvation, to those who will repent and believe on his name.

Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Nov 19 - Dec 3 Updates

David’s “official” blog letters still haven’t arrived, but here are excerpts from his emails to his mom that include brief updates plus messages he asked be delivered to friends and extended family.

Nov 19:  Ups & Downs of the 2nd week “o campo” (in the field)
This week has been so fantastic.  Major ups, major downs, too: people accepting the gospel, people not accepting, people not keeping commitments, people who we help to start anew.  So sad.  So great.  So happy.  The greater the love, the greater the pain.

Days are good.  Food is good and far spaced (only eat one meal a day).  I thank God every day for Elder Petersen.  He is such a help and a blessing.

One really cool experience really fast:  we went to a less active family’s house, and to make a long story short, I committed them to go to church, and they came!  And we’re friends now.  So legit.  Had district meeting - first one - last week:  cool people.

Yesterday (Sunday Nov 18) I was asked to bear my testimony in church!  So scary, but I stumbled through it and it was okay. J  The language is really hard, but it is coming.

I love you all so much.  Thank you for your prayers.
Elder David

Nov 28:  “Rain, Key, Temple & Time”
Foi uma great week.
No P-day on Monday, because we had a temple trip today.  Temple was good.
Companheiro is molho de legal!!!!!
It rained a lot this week.
Our key to our house broke in the door.  Great adventure that was! Baha!
Language is coming well:  I quasi understand 80%-ish of significado.
God is good.
No time.  Never tem (have) time.
Keep praying.
I love it here.
I love you all.
I literally have no time to write letters.  In a whole month I have not had one minute.  We are only supposed to write letters on Pday (of course), and Pdays are always jam packed.  So I need to send some greetings via the fam email:  Sam A, Stephanie T (so cool you got your call!!!), Opie, Johnny L, and Grandma, Uncle, Aunt, Cousins: I got your letters!  I love you all!
Hope your Thanksgiving was great!
We are going to have a lot of baptisms soon I think/hope!
Gotta go!
Love, always,
Elder David J

Dec 3:  “I’m totally happy here”
Hi!!  J
Sibs:  I love you, sister!  I love you, brother!  Thanks for your letters.  I pray for you always. Continue in the faith.
About my investigators:  a mom & daughter are going to be baptized later this month!  We are helping/teaching three really nice young men.  Also teaching a father and daughter, and much, much more people.

I need to leave.  I love you!
 Elder David

P.S. Jiffy muffins are gold here!  Very easy to make and also very good.
Also, I am totally happy here, I do not need anything.

P.P.S. Opie, right now I’m listening to that song “I’m glad you came” cause it’s playing here at the computer place, and I’m totally dancing the wedding dance in my head!  Baha!!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment