Elder Bean's Mission Scripture

Elder Bean's Mission Scripture:

Alma 26: 35

35 Now have we not reason to rejoice? Yea, I say unto you, there never were men that had so great reason to rejoice as we, since the world began; yea, and my joy is carried away, even unto boasting in my God; for he has all power, all wisdom, and all understanding; he comprehendeth all things, and he is a merciful Being, even unto salvation, to those who will repent and believe on his name.

Monday, February 18, 2013

Jan 21, 2013 "A Bible, a Bible! Who's got a match?"

The work is great!  It’s spreading like wildfire!  A woman is going to be baptized in two weeks, we’re teaching a bunch of people, some of who are family members of  members of the ward.  It’s great to teach with the power of families! 
Also, a recently converted family is getting integrated really well into the ward, and is already signed up to give us missionaries lunch every month !

Earlier this week, we had no one to teach.  This was my journal entry for one of our days:  “Good day.  Ate pizza.  Elder Nielsen bought it.  That was nice.  I mixed up the words “inferno” with “inverno.”  Baha.  Tired.  Normal day.  Need people and sleep.”
Elders Bean and Nielsen with the bishop and Fabio at YA activity
 But God is a God of love and mercy!  Just a few days later, the youth had a fundraiser activity at the church, and we dropped by super fast, and guess what happened?  If you said, “Did you meet over 7 people who could be baptized really soon?” then you guessed right!  Wow!  God put them in our path!  So great.  We’re teaching them all, and life is good.  At times like this, the words of a hymn come to mind: and while I strive through grief and pain, His voice is heard ‘ye shall obtain.’   The Lord will provide.  Also, a little plug:  the youth here are so legit.  So cool.  Seriously, they’re strong and friendly and good.  Hardly any of them come from member families, so they’re alone, but still so strong.  It’ll be hard to leave them when the time comes. 
Actually, it’ll be hard to leave all the people here.  I love them so much.  I want to stay and keep helping them, but I am also anxious to work in other areas.  We’ll know in about a week whether I will stay another six weeks or leave.  Osasco is great.  So great.  And you know who else is great?!  My mom, Elder C. Santos, Rachel A, and Maren C—!  J  Thanks so much for your letters!  This week was week 11 of my training, and so I’ve assumed the “senior” position for this time to practice planning and leading our companionship.  It’s been good for me to learn and to seek the influence of the Spirit more in the every day decisions.  So life just keeps going on.  Take care of yourselves now, ya hear?!  J  But seriously, trust in the Savior to take good care of you, your families and your friends.  He is best equipped for the job, and He’s always ready.
Oh man!  Serving a mission!  It’s so good!
And to the Varsity All Stars / On Belay program:  You guys are the best!  I’m thinking about you all as you start your work-ups this month.  I pray for your success this year.  On Belay is one of the best mission preparations ever!  Wish I could be with y’all.  Have a great course!  Work hard and prepare well!  The greatest adventure is what lies ahead! J I love you guys.
Another hymn that keeps running through my mind:

I believe in Christ, He stands supreme
From Him I’ll gain my fondest dream.

I believe in Christ, so come what may
With Him I’ll stand in that great day
When on this Earth He comes again
To rule among the sons of men!

Love you all.  Until next week!  Love, Elder David Bean 

No comments:

Post a Comment