Elder Bean's Mission Scripture

Elder Bean's Mission Scripture:

Alma 26: 35

35 Now have we not reason to rejoice? Yea, I say unto you, there never were men that had so great reason to rejoice as we, since the world began; yea, and my joy is carried away, even unto boasting in my God; for he has all power, all wisdom, and all understanding; he comprehendeth all things, and he is a merciful Being, even unto salvation, to those who will repent and believe on his name.

Friday, February 15, 2013

Jan 14, 2013 "I made this for you!!"

Good long week, everyone rejected us, but life is still good. J 
Congrats to Maren Young who got called on a mission to Korea! :D  Awesome Sauce!  And thanks to her, the Kirkwoods, and Mom for your letters.  I also got Christmas package (late delivered) from my family!!  Yahoo!  Inside was the Nov Ensign conference issue (yes!), pictures, Oreos, tuna (baha), a bleach pen for my white shirts and whitening strips for my teeth!  J  Thanks, Fam, you are the best!  It was also Elder Nielsen’s birthday on Saturday.  I burned a cake for him! J  Ha ha  Part of it was still edible!  He got a ukulele in a birthday package, and it made me think...Hey Mom!  For Christmas next year mail me my saxophone, okay?  J  Haha! (Eu estou brincando!  I’m kidding!)  

So, this entry is going be shorter because not much happened this week, although I do have three things to share:  some sad news, “neutral” news (well, my reaction to sad news), and good news.  The sad first:  We’ve got a 12 year old young man who knows he should be baptized, has a testimony of The Book of Mormon and the truthfulness of the church, but feels an obligation to step away from the restored gospel because he has a family friend who is studying to be a priest.  It kills me. I love this kid a lot!  Sometimes I see visions in my head of his future with and without the Gospel.  His wife, future kids, their families etc--so many people who could be blessed with the Gospel if he would just choose to follow what he KNOWS to be true.  Aarg. Very hard!  Sad.  We pray a lot for him. 
“Neutral” news:  when people ask us to stop coming back because they’re not interested or don’t care or they’ve stopped progressing, any time when I know it’ll be the last time we go there, I sometimes ask for a glass of water-- not because I’m thirsty, but in the hopes that perhaps they will be blessed just a little for helping a missionary.  I feel it’s the last thing I can do for them:  provide an opportunity for them to serve/be kind.  I feel so much for all these people--it feels so horrible when people don’t progress or don’t want the message or turn away from the greater light we offer.  I don’t know where I’d be without the gospel.  

But now, for some wonderful news!  J  My twin sister has gone through the temple and received her endowments.  J  I’m so happy for her!  I wish I could’ve been there, but I know it was super special. Congratulations, Emily. Good luck preparing for your mission in 15 more days!  Alright, so who else has gotten their mission calls?  Gotten married?  All that jazz—send me the news!
The work is slow right now, but always worth it—always. J  And, as Elder Nielsen likes to say, “Vamos batizar essas pessoas.” 
Don’t’ worry about me, I’m in good hands.  Until next week! 
Love to all,   
Elder David Bean

No comments:

Post a Comment