Primero Batismo!!! So wonderful. It’s all worth it! It was a really special service, Elder Petersen and I sang a duet, and the spirit was really strong. This is what it is all about: Helping people come unto Christ. So good-- It’s all worth it!
Oh, a lot happened this week, but was also very normal. I’m hitting my “normal streak” I think... We’ll see if things get more exciting in the future.
1) I heard “Les Miserables” this week and just about died with joy and saudade! Thanks Rosemary, Catie, Stephanie, McKann, Johnny, Aaron, Matthew, Andrew, and you others who made Sunday nights so fantastic. Good memories.
2) To all you girls that are getting your calls! One piece of advice: study Preach My Gospel now, because in the MTC you won’t have time. And thanks for the updates on who is going where! Keep the info coming! J
3) I promise you that headphones are of the devil and if you use them you will miss opportunities/inspiration from the Holy Ghost. J Okay, no more soap box.
5) Mom, I always make my bed in the morning, haven’t missed a day yet. J
6) Sad bit of news. Elder Petersen was too good to last. I found out today he’s getting transferred to Sao Roque. So I only have one more day to learn all I can from him. Oh man. I was really hoping he would be able to finish my training. Well, what I learned from Elder Petersen: Everything. J But more specifically, patience. Muito Paciencia. Also, all the functionalities of missionary work, a ton of Portugues, how to be grateful and selfless, to really think about the people, to be obedient first, and many, many other things. I’m so grateful I got a good trainer - I’m sad he’s leaving, but I know the Lord knows best. Boa Sorte, Elder Petersen! Sao Roque is getting a great missionary.