Elder Bean's Mission Scripture

Elder Bean's Mission Scripture:

Alma 26: 35

35 Now have we not reason to rejoice? Yea, I say unto you, there never were men that had so great reason to rejoice as we, since the world began; yea, and my joy is carried away, even unto boasting in my God; for he has all power, all wisdom, and all understanding; he comprehendeth all things, and he is a merciful Being, even unto salvation, to those who will repent and believe on his name.

Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Sept 25 2012 "Let it come, let it go!"


Hey ya’ll!  J  
It has been a crazy week this week.  Major ups and downs.  I’ll start with the temperature.  Ohhh my gosh! (ß yes, I was quoting Ashley) The first part of the week was SO hot.  The worst I have ever experienced.  It reminded me of the marching band competition where the blizzard came in, only instead of snow, it’s heat.  Muito loco quente.  But then, the last few days it has rained and rained, making it so wonderfully cool at night and beautiful in the morning (cause it washes the smog out of the air.)  The rain was also comforting to me 'cause I relate rain with fresh starts, and this week had some really rough days.  So it was a good reminder that tomorrow is another day, and I just need to do my best and keep on "keeping on."  In the moment though, it’s hard.

We got a new instructor named Irmao Ricardo.  He will only speak Portuguese to us, and it’s helping us learn a lot.  I already love him.  He reminds me a lot of Brother Koyle, Matthew Woodruff, and Shea Gibbons.  We also have more “investigators.”  It is really cool during study time to forget what I want to study for myself, and just focus on what will help the investigator’s needs.  I get frustrated though ’cause I know what the people need to hear, but I lack the language to help them. Argg!  I run out my woes on the track at gym time.  I just need to accept that the language will come.  Eventually.  J  We are making flashcards and that is helping a lot with the verbs.  And, despite feeling inadequate, and slow, sometimes we taught a really great teach (through the Training Resource Center)!  It went really well. Elder Barton and I are working way better as a team.  It’s great. And I recently discovered the beauty of two-word future conjugations!  J 

We got a new Elder last week.  His name is Elder Boam.  He didn’t get his Visa in time, so he spent the first two weeks in Provo.  He looks EXACTLY like Shane and Nathan McQuarrie’s brother!  J  We are now super good friends with our Brazilian roommates!  I’m at the point where I can talk with them about deep/special stuff.  It’s good.  Elder Santos calls me and Elder Barton “his amigos.”  J He always makes me happy after a hard day. They leave in one week. We’re gonna miss each other, but I got Elder Santos' address.  

On Sunday, we watched the Joseph Smith movie: Prophet of the Restoration.  It was SO great.  Really good for my testimony and adds to my excitement to preach the gospel. Shall we not go on in so great a cause?  God is so good to me, to all of us who are already apart of His fold.  May we strive to open our mouths when the opportunities arise.  Ah man.  I love it here.  P-Days are gold, but the rest of the week is good, too. J  I pray for ya’ll all the time! 

Love you so much!  Time is flying!  J
Love,
Elder David K. Bean

No comments:

Post a Comment