Elder Bean's Mission Scripture

Elder Bean's Mission Scripture:

Alma 26: 35

35 Now have we not reason to rejoice? Yea, I say unto you, there never were men that had so great reason to rejoice as we, since the world began; yea, and my joy is carried away, even unto boasting in my God; for he has all power, all wisdom, and all understanding; he comprehendeth all things, and he is a merciful Being, even unto salvation, to those who will repent and believe on his name.

Sunday, June 29, 2014

Recently found May 6, 2013 letter: "Cap Nap . . . Sem Gato"

In going back through old emails, I recently found three letters sent by Elder David Bean via missionties.com that somehow I overlooked.  The news is more than a year old, but I will post them anyway.  

So, y'all, this week just flew by, and we're about to jump into another one, so here's what's been happening on this end of the world:  I finally got Mom's package of shoe inserts and beef jerky!  Yahoo!  And I got a letter from Sister Maren Young! :) Thanks!
So...
1) My feet reek.
2) Milk here is horrible:  it's like -5%!  Mom, you couldn't live here for long periods of time!
3) Our baptism fell through again.  Still need to increase obedience on our part.  I'm telling you, people, that we need to be obedient to receive the blessings. "...When ye do not what I way, ye have no promise."
4) We had a division with the district leader and his companion on Wednesday.  I was with Elder Matthews from Heber, Utah! :) He's super cool.  We worked hard, ate pizza, taught well, and I laughed at the mistakes he's making in Portugues - cause they're the same mistakes I was making when I arrived in the field.  Also, I got to bear several powerful testimonies-just pure baptizing testimony!  It was legit.  I even cried a little when I felt that two people really needed to be members of the church.  They accepted my invitation to lean more and return!
5) Today was P-day.  I took a cap nap without the cat.  And I wrote a lot of people back!  Que alegria!   P-day...so wonderful, so short, so needed.

So yeah, sorry, don't have a ton to say... but the mission is great!

Love you all!

Your friend, Elder David Bean : )

No comments:

Post a Comment