Elder Bean's Mission Scripture

Elder Bean's Mission Scripture:

Alma 26: 35

35 Now have we not reason to rejoice? Yea, I say unto you, there never were men that had so great reason to rejoice as we, since the world began; yea, and my joy is carried away, even unto boasting in my God; for he has all power, all wisdom, and all understanding; he comprehendeth all things, and he is a merciful Being, even unto salvation, to those who will repent and believe on his name.

Friday, May 3, 2013

Mar 11, 2013 I stayed!


J
 I’m still here in Nova Granada and it feels so right that I have a little bit more time in this wonderful area with these fantastic people.  I am excited, too, that I’m training!  An Argentinian!
Elders Lucas and Bean

Yes, I now have a “son” [nickname used by missionary trainers for those they train]:  Elder Lucas from ArgentinaJ  It’s super cool, and a little scary being the senior companion with responsibility to lead and teach/train, but still, I love it!  I’m learning a lot—sometimes I think I’m learning more than my new companion.  I’m trying to set a good example and show this new elder what missionary work is all about. It’s awesome being reminded of what I was experiencing and how I was feeling only four months ago.  Time...wow.

Anyway, what I learned from Elder Nielsen was to be bold, really friendly, to conjugate in all the weird tenses (subjunctive, imperfect, conditional, etc.) and to simply do your best every day.  We had a great nine weeks together – thanks, Elder Nielsen J.  He and ten other people left out zone this transfer. And guess who is now in my zone?  Elder Barton, my companion from the CTM!!  J  Cool, huh?!  And!  I got a letter from Sister Whitaker (also from my CTM group) and Elder A. Wheatley. Thanks J

My twin sister Emily is going to enter the field tomorrow, and I hope and pray that she gets through the hard times and loves the good times!  She is so cool.  It’s so cool having a twin on a mission at the same time as you.  Andrew, Matthew, am I right or am I right?  Baha.  But yeah, good luck out there, Sister Emily!  J 

Well, that’s about it for this week.  Here’s some profound advice for anyone who wants a better life:  
Do what is right.

Hey, I love y’all, and I mean it.  Until next week - Love, Elder David Bean

No comments:

Post a Comment